Click here to access the Equation Sheet.
14. (2 pts) (modflow) The package typically used to simulate lakes and reservoirs in MODFLOW is called the
15. (2 pts) (head-darcy) In groundwater models, total head is a combination of head and head.
16. (1.75 pts) (head-darcy) For flow parallel to the layering, the equivalent hydraulic conductivity is generally dominated by a layer with a value of k.
17. (2 pts) (modflow) In MODFLOW, the array is used to classify cells as inactive, specified head, or variable head.
18. (head-darcy) The water level in an observation well A is measured at 3785.4 ft. At a point 1238 ft downgradient from that point, the water level in a second well (B) is measured at 3629.3 ft.
a. (3 pts) What is the hydraulic gradient between the well A and well B?
b. (2 pts) Assuming that the hydraulic conductivity is 3.0 ft/day and the effective porosity is 0.3, what is the seepage velocity between the two points?
c. (1.5 pts) How long would it take for a particle to travel from point A to point B?
19. (2 pts) (gw-concepts) Tweaking the model inputs until the model outputs match field observations is called .